Ausem FF are a German DJ duo formed in Wetzlar/Gießen in 2015, consisting of Fabio Mezei and Finn Ernst. The two are signed to the label My Favourite Freaks and are known for their groovy techhouse sound with tendencies of vocal elements and catchy beats.
The two have been longtime friends and their lifestyle is about not to float with the current, being free from constraints and exploring new things. That’s how they discovered their passion for producing electronic music and Dj-ing.
They are residents at the Technodisco in Wetzlar and at Electric Grooves at the Tanzhaus West in Frankfurt am Main with their distinctive sound.
Their releases on My Favourite Freaks in 2017 were well received in the techhouse scene and were played by Lee Foos at Burning Man and by Paco Osuna at Tomorrowland. Further tracks are ready to be released in 2018.
Hello guys! How Are You? What do you have scheduled for today?
Hey guys, we’re good, and you? We’re going to get a drink and go to the studio later for some new hot stuff.
Please tell us a bit about your latest releases!
For Sure! It´s really exciting to have this release on My Favourite Freaks with our friend Markus Ferdinand aka M.in. Being this far up in the Charts is great for us, we’ll see what happens next.
Which release was the one who gave you the most attention so far?
That was definitely our first EP called “That´s Why”! It was played by stars like Paco Osuna & Lee Foss on Partys like Tomorrowland and Burning Man.
Tell us a bit about your upcoming releases! Is there anything special planned?
Yes for sure, we have a lot of great new tracks coming out soon. But we can’t tell you much more about that.
As you are touring a lot, please tell us something about your experience. What is your favourite city or country and why?
We’ve been to a lot of different places since we started making music, but I think the greatest place for our music and especially for the way we like to party is Ibiza.
What were your TOP 5 gigs so far?
1. James Wood Festival
3. Electric Grooves with Carl Craig
5. Ausem FF 26 hours Set Party
What are your top 5 tracks that are really working the dance floor in your sets at the moment?
1. Nic Fanciulli, Mark Fanciulli – Start (Original Mix) – Play It Say It
2. Jamie Jones, David Berrie – Doctor Zouk (Original Mix) – Hot Creations
3. David Keno – Revolve (ANOTR Extended Remix) – Food Music
4. Matt Tolfrey – Colour Blind (Original Mix) – Snatch! Records
5. 9. Calypse – Revolution (Original Mix) – Lapsus Music
Thank you for your time and this interesting interview!
Interview by Lars
1. Dennis Ferrer – Shout (Original Mix) [Madhouse Records]
2. Darius Syrossian – Give It To Me (Orginal Mix) [Editions]
3. Ant LaRock – Wuzapnin (Original Mix) [Snatch! Records]
4. Hott Like Detroit – Outside the Box (Original Mix) [Material]
5. Sneaky Sound System – Can´t Help The Way I Feel (David Penn Remix) [Cr2 Records]
6. Joi Cardwell, Honey Dijon – State of Confusion feat. Joi Cardwell (Original Mix) [Classic Music Company]
7. Moshem – Earthquake (Original Mix) [Defined Music]
8. Marco Santoro, Andrea Maggino, Big Ma.Mi – You Want Me (Original Mix) [Lapsus Music]
9. Calypse – Revolution (Original Mix) [Lapsus Music]
10. Dennis Ferrer, Sagine – Bubbletop feat. Sagine (DF´s Bubble Wrapped Mix) [Defected]
11. Jack Back – (It Happens) Sometime (Extended Mix) [Defected]
12. Marc Miroir, Elif Bicer – Let Me Go (Dub) [Paso Music]